It’s so hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner! It seems so far away, yet so close at the same time…
I try really hard not to let Christmas decorations or music make it’s way into our home until at least the 3rd week in November, but sometimes that’s even hard! Especially when we are covered in snow and tobogganing already!
But at the same time, I do believe that it’s definitely not too early to get organized! It’s time to start thinking about what baking will get done, who’s coming over, what parties there are to plan, and what gifts there are to give. These things take time, but if you start early, you can save some money, remove some of the stress and really enjoy the holiday season!
I’ve started some planning with ideas for inexpensive and pretty gift wrapping (here and here), and now I’m starting some of my home made gifts! I love home made gifts. They’re thoughtful and so great to receive!
These make-your-own cupcake kits are festive and fun! And they let your recipient have the freedom to bake them when they want them!
All they have to do is add a few ingredients from home and they’ve got homemade cupcakes wrapped in cute little packaging!
Here’s What You Need:
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Icing of your choice
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter in chunks, to the flour mix, then add ¾ cup milk. Beat on low for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, and the remaining milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into approximately 24 muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before icing them.
The cupcake recipe works great for a cake too. Just put the batter into 2 lightly buttered 8-inch baking pans, and bake for 35-40 minutes. I also line the bottom of my cake pans with a circle of wax paper. The cakes then slide out like butta!
Here’s How To:
- Measure out a piece of festive scrapbook paper to fit around your jar. Set aside.
- Write out, or print out the recipe above, and add it to the back of your scrapbook paper.
- Wrap your glass jar with the paper, and seal with glue.
- Measure all the dry cupcake ingredients into the container, and add the lid.
- Wrap the cupcake liners & toppers in a piece of the cellophane and tie it up with some ribbon.
- Attach a label, with the information on the ingredients that still need to be added.
- Tie the jar up with some pretty ribbon, and you’re done!
Gift giving doesn’t have to be hard or expensive! There are so many gifts that you can make yourself that your friends & family will love!
Have a delicious day!