Happy Friday friends! I’m so glad it’s almost the weekend…this means sleeping in, Dutch Baby Pancakes, lazy afternoons and possible a little bit of shopping. This gal needs some retail therapy…winters will do that to a person.
I have wanted to share this Home Made Ginger Tea recipe with your for a couple of years now, but I just never seemed to get around to it, even though we drink this tea almost every night. For real, almost every night…ok at least 3 or 4 times a week. It’s become part of my husband and my nightly ritual. The kids go to bed, tea simmers on the stove. It’s so comforting and I look forward to it every day.
Aside from the fact that this tea is hot, spicy and so full of flavour, it’s healthy too. We love the taste and the ritual of it, but we also drink this tea for it’s health benefits: Please note I am not a doctor, I wish I was, but alas I am not. These are just some health tidbits I found floating around the interwebs. The overall lesson here…this is just really good tea…and it’s probably good for you too. 🙂
- Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory, it helps with nausea, circulation, stomach cramps and bloating, and it also improves the absorption of nutrients.
- Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C, it helps flush toxins out of your body, it has powerful natural antibiotic properties, it’s good for your liver and skin, it helps reduce pain and inflammation in joints…
- Cinnamon has been thought to help with blood sugar control, it has natural antimicrobial properties, it is rich in manganese, iron, calcium and fibre, it’s a powerful antioxidant…on and on…and it’s delicious too!
- Honey is antibacterial and anti-fungal, it’s probiotic, it’s good for you skin, and it helps with sore throats and coughs.
- Cayenne Pepper is a good source of essential minerals and vitamins C and A, it’s beneficial to the circulatory system…plus it adds pizzazz to your tea. True story.
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
So I dedicate this tea to my Mom, who has been asking for this recipe/post for some time now. 😉
How pretty are those ingredients?! Ahhhhh, I really do love this tea.
– – – – – – – – – –
This ginger tea is so good I just had to share it with you! We drink this tea because we love it, but we also swear that it helps us ward off bugs during cold & flu season. I have nothing to prove this, but we just feel like it helps with our immunity. And when we do get sick, this tea seems to help beat it! And a word of warning…most of the cinnamon and cayenne pepper sinks to the bottom of the tea…but you must drink that part up…that’s where all the good stuff is! My husband & I have an ongoing joke about getting that last bit down… 😉
But really, we just love ginger tea…and now maybe you will too!
– – – – – – – – – –
For more delicious drinks try these #FridayRecipeClub recipes:
- Berry Jam Smoothie
- Healthy Home Made Hot Chocolate
- Easy Chocolate Chai Tea
- Creamy Banana Milkshake
- White Hot Chocolate
- Red Velvet Cake Milkshake
- Fuzzy Navel Mocktail
- Shirley Temples