I’m loving these Friday Recipe posts! If you’ve been following along for some time now, you may have noticed that a group of us posts recipes on Fridays with the same main ingredient. And having a prompt for every Friday is really fun…and very inspiring. It gets me out of my regular blogging box, and searching for new recipes to try. So far we’ve done strawberries, bananas, pecans, drinks, chili, spinach and today it’s chicken.
And the timing was perfect for chicken, because I just had a great book delivered to me in the mail: 125 Best Chicken Recipes by Rose Murray. After searching through a tonne of great chicken recipes in this cookbook, I suddenly had a big hankering for wings.
It’s a rare occasion for me to have wings, especially since having kids, because wings were always something you ordered in the pub on a night out with friends. And for some reason I never even thought about making wings at home before, so I guess it was time I tried. I love chicken wings, all kinds…buffalo, teriyaki, salt & pepper…but especially honey garlic. So when I saw a really simple recipe for honey garlic wings I made them. And ate them. And licked my fingers clean of the yumminess. These are good my friends. 🙂
These honey garlic wings are sweet & sour, sticky and delicious! Serve them up along with a fresh green veggie and oven roasted potatoes…so good!
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings halved at the joint, tips removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with tin foil, and lightly grease it with oil.
In a large bowl combine the hoisin sauce, soya sauce, rice wine, ketchup, honey and garlic.
Toss the wings in the sauce, mixing to coat the wings well.
Arrange the wings meaty side down on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, then turn the wings and bake for 10 more minutes or longer, until the wings are browned and crispy (and no longer pink inside).
- This recipe can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Just toss the wings in the sauce and store them in a bowl in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.
- I think next time I make these I will cook them on the BBQ!
Recipe printed with permission by RobertRose.ca
Here are even more delicious appetizer ideas!
Looking for more chicken recipe inspiration? Here are more fabulous recipes from the gals in my #FridayRecipeClub:
- Chicken Antojitos from Sober Julie
- Hurry Chicken by Simply Stacie
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken by My Organized Chaos
- Chicken Clubhouse Bites on Skewers by Echoes of Laughter
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Mommy Moment
- Bacon & Rosemary Wrapped Chicken by Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Best Ever Chicken Enchiladas by My 3 Little Kittens