Let’s Get Delicious with a Jalapeno & Lime Guacamole and a Cheesy Baked Salsa Dip! 2 recipes in one delicious post!
Recently I was given a mission as part of the Chatelaine Tasters and Testers program, and I happily rose to it. I was challenged to come up with 2 recipes to go with Tostitos®Multigrain Scoops!® tortilla chips and Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thin Tortilla Chips. I love my job, by the way. Recipe development with Tostitos chips? Yes, please!
I kept things simple for these recipes, with easy to find fresh ingredients (in fact I bought everything I needed at Walmart for way less than $100), and both dips take 10 minutes or less to make. That makes these appetizers perfect for parties and late night snacking!
This dip is seriously the easiest dip to make, and people love it. You can never go wrong with baked cheese and salsa.
Served with Tostitos®Multigrain Scoops!® tortilla chips, you have the perfect appetizer. Doesn’t it just looks scrumptious? Yum.
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Tostitos salsa
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos (less if you prefer)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bag of Tostitos®Multigrain Scoops!® tortilla chips
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small baking dish, sprinkle ¾ cup of the the shredded cheese.
- Pour on the salsa.
- Add the remaining ¾ cup cheese.
- Sprinkle on the jalapenos and cilantro.
- Bake for 3 - 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro.
- Serve with Tostitos® Multigrain Scoops® Tortilla Chips and enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – – –
This is another great appetizer or snack. If you love guacamole, you’ll love this spicy & tangy version. The fresh lime juice really takes this guacamole up a notch! Served up with Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thin Tortilla Chips that have been warmed in the oven, and you’ll be fighting your guests for the last bite. 😉
I love this guacamole…it’s the lime that gets me…yum.
And with oven warmed tortilla chips, this is the best snack ever. How have I never thought to warm up my chips in the oven before?! Delish.
- 5 ripe avocados, peeled & pit removed
- 1 - 4 tsp minced jalapeno pepper (depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bag Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thin Tortilla Chips
- You can make this guacamole in a food processor, or mash it by hand. I prefer the food processor method.
- Put the avocado, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and olive oil into your food processor, and combine. Don't puree it, you want the guacamole to be smooth yet chunky.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl, then set aside while you warm your chips.
- Warm your Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thin Tortilla Chips according to package directions.
- Serve the guacamole with the warmed chips and enjoy!
– – – – – – – – – –
Disclosure: As a Chatelaine Taster & Tester, I receive product for review. However all views are my own. I was asked by Tostitos® to come up with two easy and delicious recipes using Tostitos® products.