It’s day 4 of my Christmas Cookie Extravaganza! Are your pants tight yet? 😉
Today I bring to you Sugar Cookies!
And not just sugar cookies, but Mom’s Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies!
For me, the holidays just don’t feel like the holidays without these delectable little treats! Sugar cookies are a must have. You can always find them on a plate somewhere at every gathering, potluck, or party this time of year! They’re just that good!
You may have your own family recipe, but today I’ll share mine! Just in case you need a new recipe to add to your recipe box! These sugar cookies really are soft and melt-in-your-mouth good!
And um, they’re very low-cal. Yes. Yes they are…at least that’s what I tell myself this time of year… 😉
Ok, maybe they aren’t low-cal, but they are wonderful for gift giving!
And they’re pretty! That counts right?!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup oil (canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, oil and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla. Mix until nice and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix, and combine until fluffy.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When ready to bake, drop the batter by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, making sure not to let them brown!
Here are more of my Favourite Christmas Cookies!
Candy Cane Crumble Nutella Cookies
Whipped Vanilla Shortbread
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
Brown Sugar Shortbread
Eggnog Icebox Cookies
Melt-in-your-mouth Sugar Cookies