Now it’s time for breakfast!
How about a big ol’ helping of Vanilla Bean Apple French Toast?
This recipe is so good.
Combine seasonal apples, cinnamon, vanilla bean, Philadelphia Cream Cheese
and whole wheat bread and you get pure deliciousness.
Not to mention that there’s just something so fabulous about waking up
and knowing that you’ve already got breakfast ready to go!
Just pop it in the oven, start a pot of coffee, and before you know it, it’s time to eat!
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread or buns, torn into small pieces (about ¾ inch)
- 1 – 8oz package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 small apples, peeled & cored, cut into small chunks
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup sugar (divided into ¼ and ¼)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- seeds from ½ of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare glass baking dish. I like to spray mine lightly with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle in half of the bread.
- Add the chunks of cream cheese and chopped apples.
- Sprinkle on the remaining chunks of bread.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup sugar, milk, vanilla, vanilla bean, and cinnamon (see tips).
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread mixture.
- Sprinkle on the remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and put it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes more, until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with syrup.
- You can use what ever kind of fruit you would like! Berries would be awesome!
- Vanilla bean is hard to whisk into the milk, as it tends to want to stay in a clump. I use a hand blender to mix it up.