Our family celebrated Easter at my sisters this year, and we pigged out! hee hee
I mean what’s a holiday without vast quantities of food?!
We noshed on so many amazing snacks, but the dinner…the dinner was SO good!
Where do I even start?!
I have quite a few recipes from that day, so I guess I’ll start here, with the pea salad she made!
This is such a fresh and springy salad…a major hit with my hubby!
My sis is an amazing cook!
And she has such style! Look how pretty this salad is!
Recipe from Epicurious
Pea Salad with Radishes & Feta
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound frozen petite peas
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups fresh pea tendrils or pea sprouts
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add cumin seeds and toast until slightly dark and aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Cool cumin seeds, and grind finely.
- Whisk together cumin, lime juice, honey and olive oil.
- Stir in dill. Salt & pepper dressing to taste.
- Cook peas until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Then drain the peas, rinse with cold water, and drain well again.
- Transfer the peas into a salad bowl, add radishes, feta cheese and dressing. Toss well.
- Add pea sprouts. Serve.
This salad pairs really well with baked ham! Or try it with BBQ chicken. Delish!
See you tomorrow!