A tried and true dessert! The peach/raspberry combination is a match made in heaven!
And serving these crisps individually in little jars makes this dessert even more fun!
- 4 cups peaches, chopped (approx 4 peaches)
- ½ - 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ - 1 cup sugar (I used ⅓ cup)
- 2 tbsp water or fruit juice
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- dash salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, raspberries, sugar, water and sugar.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats and salt.
- Add melted butter. Mix.
- Putting It All Together
- There are 2 options here: You can make one big crisp, or you can make individual ones, and putting them together is the same for both: Fruit mix on the bottom, crumble on the top.
- I used 6 - 250mL glass mason jars, and distributed the fruit, then the crumble, evenly between the jars.
- Just add the fruit mix to a large enough oven proof dish, then add the crumble on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, until you see the juices bubbling.
- You don’t have to peel the peaches. I like to leave the skins on for extra nutrition, and they become soft during baking anyway.
- I found the 6 jars perfect serving sizes! So if you are serving more than 6 people, double your recipe.
- You can serve these warm or cold. Serve plain, or with cream or ice cream!
And if you like crisps, you might love my Strawberry & Rhubarb Crisp.