|I used fall mums, gerbera daisies, delphinium, carnations, various greens, and of course kale! I love kale!|
1 pumpkin (I used a white pumpkin, but I think I would use an orange one next time)
1 vase or container small enough to fit inside the pumpkin, but wide enough to hold the flowers
carving knife and spoon
- All you have to do is carve and clean out a pumpkin.
- Place a water filled vase inside the pumpkin.
- Cut the flower stems down far enough to cover the opening of the pumpkin.
- And arrange your flowers!
- You can put this arrangement together a day or even 3 days ahead of an event, as the pumpkin, in my experience, does not deteriorate very fast at all! As long as you are keeping the arrangement indoors, it should stay looking fabulous for quite some time! (I put mine together on a Thursday, and am still enjoying it on the following Tuesday, with no signs of any deterioration!)
- To make things super easy, buy your flowers already arranged in a bouquet.
Not Just a Housewife, Blue Cricket, My Romantic Home, Shabby Nest, Whipperberry, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk, Craft-O-Maniac, Under the Table and Dreaming, Between Naps on the Porch, Tip Junkie, CSI Project