This past weekend I hosted Canadian Thanksgiving at our home.
We celebrated a week after the actual holiday, so that all of our family could be together!
And I had a such a great time planning and putting together everything for this day!
The first thing I made was this pumpkin flower arrangement.
I have always wanted to make one of these pretties,
and Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time to do it!
Very simple. Absolutely stunning. And so festive!
|I used fall mums, gerbera daisies, delphinium, carnations, various greens, and of course kale! I love kale!|
1 pumpkin (I used a white pumpkin, but I think I would use an orange one next time)
1 vase or container small enough to fit inside the pumpkin, but wide enough to hold the flowers
carving knife and spoon
This is a very easy DIY, with such an amazing decorative effect! I was able to put this together in under a half hour, which is so great when you have a lot of other things to do!
- All you have to do is carve and clean out a pumpkin.
- Place a water filled vase inside the pumpkin.
- Cut the flower stems down far enough to cover the opening of the pumpkin.
- And arrange your flowers!
- You can put this arrangement together a day or even 3 days ahead of an event, as the pumpkin, in my experience, does not deteriorate very fast at all! As long as you are keeping the arrangement indoors, it should stay looking fabulous for quite some time! (I put mine together on a Thursday, and am still enjoying it on the following Tuesday, with no signs of any deterioration!)
- To make things super easy, buy your flowers already arranged in a bouquet.
With American Thanksgiving around the corner, put this simple, yet stunning DIY on your to-do list!