Rainbow Jello Cake
1 white cake mix (2 layer cake, no pudding)
2 packages of Jello (2 different flavours)
2 cups boiling water
whipping cream (you can use real whipping cream or cool whip)
- Bake your cakes according to the package directions, for a 2 layer cake.
- Tip! I spray the pans with cooking oil spray, then I line the bottoms of the pans with a circle of wax paper. From my experience with this cake, this is a necessary step! It can be so hard to get the cake out…
- Once the cakes have been baked, remove them from the oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, its Jello time!
- Get out 2 glass measuring cups or bowls.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to each bowl.
- Add 1 package of Jello to one bowl, the other package of Jello to the other bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Once your cakes have cooled for 15 minutes, use a fork and poke holes all over them. Make sure you poke your holes deep so the Jello can get all through the cake.
- Pour your Jello over your cakes, one flavour on each cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. You can leave them un-iced overnight in the fridge.
- After they have refrigerated, un-mold them, and frost with whipping cream.