- 1½ cups butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt together the butter and sugar. Then transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Once the sugar mix has cooled slightly, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk, until well combined.
- Once you have the brownie mix all ready, add half of the batter to a lightly greased & dusted dish (see Tips! for dish dusting).
- Then add half of the cream cheese mix in clumps over your brownie.
- Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mix, until you have a marbling effect like above.
- Then add the remaining brownie batter.
- Then add the remaining cream cheese batter in clumps, and swirl again.
- Bake in a 325 degree preheated oven for approximately 1 hour. The square will be done when the edges of the brownie have puffed, the centre of the cake feels firm to the touch, and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Just check it for doneness, as you may need to bake it longer...
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
(Adapted from Hobbie Lobbie)
Just a quick picture to show you how to add the spoonfuls of cream cheese mix.
Sharing at Chef-in-Training