So let’s talk cauliflower. Love it or hate it?
I’ve always loved cauliflower. I remember having it as a kid with broccoli and cheese sauce…SO good. But my family now for some reason decided they don’t like it. So I never make it. And I miss it.
But I’ve noticed that cauliflower is making a resurgence in the food world. Roasted cauliflower in particular. So I wanted to try it and see if it lived up to all the amazing reviews. And it does. Oh my does it ever. I had no idea that there was a better and more scrumptious way to eat cauliflower!
I pledge to never again ruin a piece of cauliflower by boiling it. Ever. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a vegetable more in my entire life. True story.
These are the bomb!
And even better news? My husband loves them too.
This coming from a guy who would never, I mean never, let a speck of cauliflower pass his lips.
He loves these. Yes. It’s true. You can convert your so-called cauliflower haters.
They’re salty and peppery and crunchy!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- ¼ salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and dry the head of cauliflower.
- Then cut the cauliflower up in to bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl toss together the cauliflower with the oil and salt & pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the cauliflower out evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently. You have to watch them closely so they don't burn, and you may have to turn them.
Did I mention how delicious roasted cauliflower is? Here, let’s take another look…
Yum. Just yum.
So the next time you are even thinking about boiling your cauliflower, just stop right there. Give roasted cauliflower a chance. You’ll be glad you did!