Summer has arrived. Like really truly arrived…warm sunshine, green grass, flowers, thunderstorms and NO school! We were so ready, I can’t even begin to tell you. I don’t think any of us could have survived one more early morning, one more packed lunch, one more soccer game, one more concert, talent show, party…NO MORE. Summer is here. And it’s time to kick back and enjoy it.
One of our favourite things to do during the summer is eat on our deck…breakfast, lunch and dinner! Eating outdoors feels so casual and relaxed, and food even tastes better, plus the clean up seem so much easier. We try to do this as often as we can!
This is such a simple side dish…it’s fragrant and just really delicious! What we like most about it, is that is crunchy and fresh…when veggies are served this way they just burst with flavour. And with the addition of fresh basil and parmesan, this dish is a winner!
- 6 cups of fresh green beans
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup of fresh grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- Add the beans to a saucepan or skillet, then add just enough water to barely cover them.
- Boil the beans for about 4 minutes, or until tender. We like the beans crunchy for this dish, but if you like them softer, boil them to your preference.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain the water and toss the beans with the parmesan cheese, salt, fresh basil and grape tomatoes.
- Saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- – - – -
If you’re looking for more veggie inspiration try these delicious recipes: Broccoli Craisin Salad, Black Bean & Corn Salad, Veggie Dip Shooters, Five Bean Salad, Lemon Dill Marinated Veggies, Roasted Cauliflower Poppers, Zucchini & Tomato Skillet, Basil & Corn Cakes with Tomato Avocado Salsa
- – - – - -
I’m off for a little R & R this weekend, as it’s Canada Day Long Weekend here, and I’m really looking forward to it. There is nothing like a weekend on the lake with family! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Have a delicious day!