It’s day 5 of the Thai Kitchen Canada Ambassador Lucky Recipe Challenge! Thank you so much for all of your support as I’ve been cooking away in the kitchen for the last 5 days! I hope you are enjoying all of the recipes I’ve been creating, because I sure am loving the challenge of coming up with new delicious dishes! And yes, these are all my recipes, thought of, created and all cooked by me! :)
In case you missed any of my previous recipes from this challenge, so far I have made:
And for today, I bring to you…
These tacos are bursting with the fresh flavours of spring! By the way spring, when are you coming?!
There’s just nothing quite like BBQing is there? We BBQ pretty much all year round here…we have to or else we’d never get to with the crazy winter weather we get every year! I mean, how can you not BBQ when you can make deliciousness like that marinated flank steak? Mouthwatering.
Add a fresh mango salsa, some cilantro and roasted peanuts, then wrap it all up in a tortilla shell, and you have the most delicious snack ever!
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 1 package of Simply Asia Mandarin Orange Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- ½ orange pepper cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ tsp Thai Kitchen Red Chili Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Billy Bee Honey
- small flour tortillas
- garnish with chopped peanuts and drizzle with Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Mango Sauce and enjoy!
- Put the flank steak into a ziplock bag, then add the mandarin orange sauce, making sure the steak is coated in the sauce. Close the bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but it's best to let it sit at least 5 hours or overnight.
- When the steak has been marinated and you are ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. While it's sitting, you can make the salsa.
- In a bowl combine the mango, pepper, cilantro and green onion.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salsa dressing ingredients: lime juice, honey and curry paste. Then toss the dressing with the salsa mixture. Set aside.
- When you are ready to cook the steak, preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Brush the grill with a little bit of oil, then using tongs, remove the steak from the marinade and add the steak to the grill, searing the steak on both sides. Then turn down the heat to medium, and cook each side about 7 minutes, or longer if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove the steak from the BBQ and let it rest about 10 minutes before you slice it up.
- After the steak has rested, it's time to slice it up. When slicing flank steak, make sure to cut it against the grain of the meat. For these tacos, slice the meat into thin strips.
- Then assemble your tacos: Into a flour tortilla add the beef, then the salsa and drizzle with Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Mango Sauce.
- – - – - – - – - – - – -
This recipe would be fantastic served as little appetizers at a spring get together, or you can pretend it’s spring and serve them up for dinner one night! But I warn you, they’ll go fast! These Spicy Orange Beef Tacos are just that good!
- – - – - – - – - – -
If you are enjoying my recipes, please consider voting for me during the fan vote for this cooking challenge which starts on January 13! There are over $5000 in prizes to be won, just by voting. So fun! And be sure to come back tomorrow when I reveal another scrumptious dish! If you want to see what I’m doing in real time, you can follow along on Twitter and Instagram!
Have a delicious day!