So I’m sure by now you’ve noticed that we like to eat a lot of baked oatmeals for breakfast? They’re just so easy to make and everyone seems to like them. And I love them because there really is no end to the ingredients that you can use…you can bake them with what ever is in season. And right now strawberries and rhubarb are abundant, so why not a strawberry rhubarb baked oatmeal? Oh yes.
I made this one early last Saturday morning, and popped it in the oven while everyone was still sleeping…then I went off to my office, sipped my coffee and attempted to catch up on my e-mails. Then by the time this was baked, my house smelled delicious and everyone was up and ready to eat.
Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal for your eating pleasure…
This is such a delicious breakfast…and a perfect way to use up all that rhubarb! My kids especially loved this baked oatmeal because it has a nice cinnamon & sugar crust baked on top. YUM. Here’s the recipe…I’m willing to bet you’ll love it!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- cinnamon/sugar blend
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the egg mixture and the oat mixture.
- Stir in the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle on a generous helping of cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with milk, cream or whipped cream.
Here are more delicious baked oatmeal recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
Here are more rhubarb recipes:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Strawberry Rhubarb Loaf
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins with Pecan Streusel Topping
Have a delicious day!