|Fresh, homegrown (from mom’s garden) rhubarb!
There’s just something about strawberries and rhubarb together…
Simple, yummy and summery!
I like to shake it up a bit, and make it a strawberry/rhubarb combo!
We just love these two fruits together.
Easy to make. Home made. Real food.
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh, cut up into small pieces
- 1/4 - 1 cup sugar (you decide how sweet you want it...I use 2/3 cup sugar...)
- 1/4 cup water or fruit juice (I use water)
- 2/3 cup flour (I use 1/3 white flour, 1/3 whole wheat flour)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- In an oven proof dish, combine your strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and water/or juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, sugar and butter.
- Then spread oat mix on top of your fruit.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Let rest. I think it's best served after it has sat for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Serve with cream, whipping cream, or ice cream! Delicious!
Have a warm summer day!