So hey, did you know it’s National Strawberry Day on February 27? Yep, it’s true. Strawberries are worth celebrating, so let’s celebrate mmmmkay?
Ahhh strawberries…little red packages of perfection. I love everything strawberries and it just so happens I have collected quite a few recipes over here that you might like: Strawberry Cream Tart, Rustic Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp and Strawberry Fruit Fluff.
But really, strawberries are just about amazing in every way, shape or form…except for one way, I found out…I had a recipe fail this week friends. A big ol’ laugh out loud recipe fail. They happen far more often than I would like to admit. I was trying to think of a creative way to serve up strawberries, and I was thinking along the breakfast lines. So I put together a crockpot with the intent of having delicious strawberries and cream crockpot steel oats. Sounds good right? I even posted it on Instagram to tantalize your taste buds. Ummmm ya. It was my most epic recipe fail to date. It was seriously laughable. Mental note…strawberries that cook over a long period of time no longer look like strawberries or anything recognizable (duh…what was I thinking anyway?). The colour they came out is pretty much indescribable. Oh well, you can’t win ‘em all right?
So I had a back up plan. And went with dessert instead of breakfast. I made you these.
Strawberry Sugar Cookie Parfaits
These little jars of goodness are delicious. Soft melt in your mouth sugar cookies, with strawberry marshmallow fluff, fresh strawberries and whip cream. Could there be a more perfect dessert combination? These are light and delicious and are just the right amount of sweetness for after dinner.
In fact, you might recognize the strawberry fluff part of this recipe from the dip I made a while back…it’s so light that it works great in a dessert too.
- 6 - 8 sugar cookies (see notes)
- 1 - 8 oz jar of marshmallow cream (fluff)
- 1 - 250 g package of spreadable strawberry cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups of whipped whipping cream (make sure you whip it up first before combining all the ingredients)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- quartered sugar cookies for garnish
- Coarsely chop the sugar cookies, and spread them out evenly between 6 serving dishes. I like to use 250 mL mason jars. Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine all the whipped whipping cream, strawberry cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, and beat until smooth.
- Evenly divide the strawberry fluff between the 6 dishes.
- Sprinkle the chopped strawberries on each dish.
- Top with the extra whipping cream, and a quarter of a sugar cookie.
- Serve and enjoy! Or refrigerate until you are ready to enjoy them - you can make these up to 4 hours ahead of time.
- – – – – –
And did I mention these parfaits are easy to make? You can even use store bought sugar cookies to keep things extra simple. And because I still shamelessly love the mason jar I served ours up in them. Really, mason jars are genius for this type of food – the small 250 mL ones are the perfect size for dessert, plus because they’re glass so you can see how pretty and scrumptious your dessert is. So long live the mason jar I say.
You should try this recipe…your family will love it!
Here are more delicious strawberry recipes from my Friday Recipe Club: