Hi everyone! It’s day 4 of the Thai Kitchen Canada Ambassador Lucky Recipe Challenge! Thank you so much for all of your support! I hope you are enjoying all the new recipes, and maybe are even trying them out!
I’ve been up to my elbows in curry, coconut milk, rice noodles and fresh ingredients, and couldn’t be happier! I love to cook, so this challenge has been very fun for me! In case you missed any of my previous recipes from this challenge, so far I have made:
I also wanted to mention that even though the products I am using are from Thai Kitchen, these recipes are my own creations! I’ve had a lot of fun being creative and coming up with new recipes, like these Thai Sweet Potato Latkes.
So today’s recipe is a new spin on one of our family favourites, the sweet potato latke! I used my basic latke recipe and took it up a notch to make a delicious Thai latke. And let me tell you, these are delicious and a new family favourite! We devoured these with much enthusiasm!
These latkes would make a delicious and healthy vegetarian winter appetizer, or served along side BBQ meat for dinner!
This recipe just requires some simple prep, and in no time they’re ready! Grating sweet potato & onion never looked more pretty! 😉
Mix in some fresh ingredients, and these latkes burst with flavour!
I like to cook my latkes on a pancake griddle, as this method requires little or no oil, making them more healthy!
- 1 lb sweet potato or yam, peeled & grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup Clubhouse Rice Flour
- Clubhouse Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Combine the grated sweet potato, grated onion, and lime juice. Put the mixture into a towel and squeeze out all the moisture.
- Then put the sweet potato mixture into a bowl and add the eggs, green onions, ginger, cilantro, chili sauce, rice flour and salt & pepper to taste. Combine.
- You can cook them in a frying pan, using ¼ cup vegetable oil for frying OR
- We like to use a pancake griddle, and lightly spray it with cooking oil. This method uses a fraction of the oil, and works just as well!
- Just scoop large spoonfuls of mix (about 2 tbsp), and flatten them with a spatula.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- If you want to make the whole batch up at the same time, put the cooked latkes in a 300 degree oven until dinner time!
– – – – – – – – – – –
Serve these Thai Sweet Potato Latkes with a dollop of sour cream and sweet chili sauce! SO good!
– – – – – – – – – – –
If you are enjoying my recipes, please consider voting for me during the fan vote for this cooking challenge which starts on January 13! There are over $5000 in prizes to be won, just by voting. So fun! And be sure to come back tomorrow when I reveal another scrumptious dish! If you want to see what I’m doing in real time, you can follow along on Twitter and Instagram!
Have a delicious day!