Vanilla Bean Sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 cup granulated sugar
- Slide your knife down the length of the vanilla bean, making sure not to cut through the bean. All you want to do is open it up length wise.
- Then cut the bean lengthwise in to about 3 or 4 pieces.
- For my sugar, I don’t scrape out the middle, I just open the bean up and put it directly into the sugar. (I like the flecks of vanilla)
- Cover up the vanilla bean pieces, let sit for a day or so, and stir occasionally.
- If you are using the centres of the vanilla beans in other recipes, like Vanilla Bean Whipped Shortbread, you can just use the empty bean shell to flavour your sugar.
- This sugar is fabulous in coffee, on cereal or toast and sprinkled on muffins and loaves.
- It makes a great gift too!
Reasons to Skip the Housework, Blue Cricket, Southern Lovely, Ginger Snap Crafts, The Idea Room, TidyMom, Shabby Nest, Just a Girl, Whipperberry, Tatertots and Jello, Lolly Jane, Funky Junk, Under the Table and Dreaming, Craft-O-Maniac, Tip Junkie, This Chick Cooks, Grosgrain