It was a dark and wintery night…oh wait, that was me trying to take photos of this delicious soup…daylight savings is a food bloggers nemesis. I mean, you can’t exactly take pictures of dinner at 1:00 in the afternoon! I’ve had to improvise and it’s hard. Very, very hard…especially for untrained-rookie-don’t-know-what-I’m-doing-photographers like myself. You might have seen my little set up on Instagram…it was as dark as it looked…and that little set up was in my fireplace shelves…
A gal’s gotta do, what a gal’s gotta do!
Anyway, on to the soup…
Oh this soup. Honestly, I can’t say enough good stuff about it! We’ve had it countless times, and it’s a winner each and every time!
It’s so flavourful, healthy and delicious! I actually like it better than take-out…really truly.
I must say that it’s a hit with my kids too, even for our pickiest eater! Love that!
Oh, and did I also mention that you can have it on your table for dinner in less than 1 hour! Fab.
This is a full meal in itself…you don’t need to serve anything else with it. Surprisingly, it’s quite filling!
- 1 L chicken broth
- 1½ cups water
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into large bite sized chunks
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp Asian hot sauce (we use Sriracha)
- 6 ounces of rice noodles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ - 1 cup fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and water to a boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, onions (not the green onion) and ginger, simmer for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If your pieces are bite sized they will cook fast.
- Stir in the green onions, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- In another pot boil the rice noodles for 6 minutes, then drain. (see notes)
- In a large serving bowl, add the noodles and the snow peas, then pour the soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro (or serve it on the side), and serve right away!
So on your next chilly night, serve up some of this goodness! You’ll love it!