Hands down, Chimichurri Flank Steak is a top favourite summer dinner of ours!
Marinating like this, is a great way to use inexpensive cuts of meat like flank steak.
Just whip up a marinade, and the meat turns beautifully tender and seasoned perfectly!
1 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (white wine vinegar works well too)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Then take your flank steak and using a fork, pierce the steak all over, front and back to soak up the flavours of the marinade. (see picture above)
- Cover the steak in marinade, making sure to coat both sides.
- Then one of two things can happen here. You can cover and marinate your meat for at least 4 hours, but it’s best left overnight. OR, you can freeze the meat & marinade in a ziplock bag for another day, just take out and de-thaw before cooking.
- Preheat your BBQ on the highest setting.
- So marinated flank steak on the BBQ is easy to do, BUT, it will flare the first time you set it on the grill!! Please beware!! I’m talking full on flames! See picture above…
- With the BBQ on hight heat, sear both sides, then cook for approximately 7 minutes on each side, so roughly 15 minutes total. We like ours slightly pink inside, so you may want to cook yours longer…
- After you remove it from the grill, cover the steak with tin foil, and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice the steak thinly across the grain of the meat.
Serve with potatoes done on the BBQ, and a Simple Green Salad!