We seem to eat them only in the summer months, but it’s been a long winter, and spring is slowly arriving. The robin’s are singing, the snow is melting, the sun is shining, and there is a feeling of optimism in the air. Which all makes for perfect BBQ conditions!
This is my go-to recipe for hamburgers. Tried and true. Yum, yummy!
- 2 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oats (or bread crumbs, or crushed crackers)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into patties. I usually make mine about 5 inches wide and ¾ inch thick.
- These are best left to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before BBQing.
- BBQ until the burger is well done, with no pink inside.