Homemade Chicken Strips
3-4 chicken breasts
buttermilk (enough to cover the chicken)
1-2 cups crushed crackers, or bread crumbs, or cornflakes (I used Breton crackers)
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Slice chicken into strips, and marinate in buttermilk for at least one hour, and up to 24 hours (the buttermilk makes the most unbelievably moist chicken evah!)
- In a ziplock bag crush the crackers (or whatever you are using), until fairly fine, then add parmesan and pepper. You can use a rolling pin to do this.
- Transfer dry mix to a shallow dish or plate.
- Dredge your chicken in the cracker mixture until well coated.
- You can either bake them in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes (turn halfway through), or fry them in a pan with oil.