Oh what to do with all of those turkey dinner leftovers?!
Throw ’em all together and make a Turkey Pot Pie!
Don’t be intimidated by the lengthiness of this recipe, it is easy.
Especially if you already have stuffing made.
This is really, really tasty!
- Cook celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Add bread cubes. Mix until bread is coated in butter.
- Add salt, spices, raisins and apples. Combine well.
- Set aside.
Creamy Turkey Filling:
- Cook celery, onions and carrot in butter, until tender.
- Add flour, stir to coat vegetables, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, wine and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, then add turkey and peas.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and let it cool slightly.
Putting it all together:
- Transfer turkey mix into an oven dish.
- Spoon the bread topping over the turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Filling should be bubbling, and the topping golden browned and crispy.
(The turkey filling portion of the recipe is adapted from the Best of Bridge)