Well I have to admit that my journey to eating wheat free is challenging. Especially in the baking department. But I have had some success, and this banana bread is one of them!
Even if you aren’t eating wheat free, this bread is worth making. It’s delicious and packed with nutrition! This loaf was gone in less than a day, I kid you not! It’s moist, full of banana flavour and you get some chocolate in every bite. Plus the addition of cinnamon chips sends this bread over the top!
Try it warm out of the oven…gooey warm cinnamon-y chocolate banana flavour.
The orange-brown flecks in this bread are the cinnamon chips.
They are a really nice addition to this loaf!
Don’t be afraid of the ingredients – they’re not too expensive and they are easy to find or make yourself! Here are some tips!
- You can make this loaf completely gluten free by using gluten free oats and gluten free baking ingredients and chocolate.
- You can make your own oat flour and almond flour by using a food processor to grind them down until you have a coarse flour like consistency. Just make sure not to over grind your almonds or you will end up with almond butter!
- I used a coffee grinder to grind my Chia seeds. Costco carries a big bag of Chia seeds and they are relatively inexpensive.
- FYI sorghum is a cereal grain, and you can find the flour at most grocery stores.
- I buy my flours (when I don’t make them) at Bulk Barn. They’re inexpensive and ready to go!
I hope you try this and love it like we did!
Have a delicious day!