Happy Friday my friends.
I’m so glad it’s the weekend, as I’m really looking forward to some fun (we’re heading out to Banff for some snowshoeing and time at the Banff Hot Springs…can’t wait!)! But as for right now I’m not doing much of anything besides sulking because I had the pleasure of having a root canal yesterday. Not fun my friends…not fun at all. And my face was frozen for over 6 hours. 6 hours! Kind of just a little bit humiliating to be the source of all kinds of quiet giggles in my house. Hahaha…it is kind of funny. Anyway, back to normal today…thank goodness for Tylenol and husbands who make and bring home dinners. xoxo
So back to the recipe. Have you ever had white chili? Is it even really fair to call a white sauce a chili? I don’t know…the only chilis I’ve ever had are the ones with the traditional red sauce…but the idea of a white chili intrigued me. So I thought I’d make a white chicken chili. And wow, is it delicious!
This White Chicken Chili is hearty, full of beans and has a nice kick of spice. SO good.
Want to know something else that’s great about this dish? You can have it ready in 1 hour. Yep. On your table and in your mouth in about 1 hour. And to keep things even more simple, grab a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store for this recipe. Makes putting this dinner together even easier! How much do we love and need dinners like that?
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cans white beans (I used white kidney beans)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 - 8 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro
- shredded white cheese (like cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- tortilla chips
- In a skillet cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat, until soft.
- Then add in the cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt & pepper and can of chilis. Stir, and cook for about 2 minutes to release all the flavours.
- Stir in the chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and corn, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until most of the chicken broth has reduced.
- Stir in the sour cream and heavy cream, simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve right away with lime wedges, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and tortilla chips!
Recipe inspired by Add a Pinch
- – – – – – – – – – – -
Serve this chili with lime wedges, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and tortilla chips…your family will love it!
So after enjoying this dish, I do declare this does indeed qualify as a chili!
Here are more tasty chili recipes in my Friday Recipe Club: