Here are 5 Tips To Create A Spring Bedroom! Simple, practical and so pretty.
– – – – – – –
I’m so excited to have partnered with Annie Selke on this post today! The dreamy and beautiful style of their home decor line for spring is so lovely, I could hardly wait to give my master bedroom a refresh! As I flipped through their online catalogue I was torn between choosing something neutral, or something a with a little more colour…but I kept going back to the same duvet set and shams…the Blossom Duvet and Blossom Shams. I’m not one to shy away from colour or pattern for that matter, so when I saw this set, I just knew it was the right one for my spring bedroom refresh.
I love to welcome each new season into our home with a refresh to reflect the changing weather and time of year. I look forward to adding seasonal decor, changing my bed sheets to match the temperature outside, adding seasonal colours …and I especially love decorating for spring, because our winters are soooooo long around here. By the time March comes around I’m itching to get rid of anything that reminds me of winter. And I need colour. Bright and cheery colour.
So I got busy over the last week or so, and changed out all of the winter decor in my home, and replaced it all with fresh, light and airy pieces. And boy does it feel nice. There may still be snow on the ground outside, but inside it’s spring! (stay tuned for a full tour next week!)
The first space I started decorating for spring is my master bedroom. I really try to make an effort to make this room a sanctuary.
Here are My 5 Tips To Create A Spring Bedroom
- Update your bedding. Pack away the dark colours, flannel sheets and heavy blankets, and replace them with light, airy and fresh bedding.
- Add flowers. Flowers make every room you walk into feel nice. I like to buy loads of tulips this time of year because they’re affordable and so cheery.
- Use an essential oil diffuser. I am a big scent person. I don’t like overpowering scents, but I do like my home to smell good so I use an essential oil diffuser to add soft light scents to my spaces. In spring I prefer to use more soft floral or citrus scents.
- Change out your artwork. Take down the artwork with winter or fall scenes, and replace them with bright and colourful pieces. The light colours almost feel like you’re adding a window into your room.
- Give your space a deep clean. Wipe away winter dust, clean your windows, shake out area rugs, replace burnt out lightbulbs. Get into the nooks and crannies clean them out! It feels so good.
Right after I deep cleaned my room, I didn’t hesitate to change over my winter bedding, and replace them with my beautiful new Annie Selke Blossom Duvet and Shams, which by the way are SO soft. Like silky smooth soft. Then I added some texture with a few throw pillows I already had.
How lovely is this duvet? Sigh.
After my bed was made I added a beautiful bouquet of tulips I bought at our local market…15 tulips for $15! I just couldn’t resist.
Aren’t they beautiful?
Then I took down our winter art, and replaced them with our spring/summer pieces which match perfectly with the new duvet! I just love how it all came together. And you maaaaay be wondering what the husband thinks about all of this pink and flowers? Well, he always supports what I do, LOL! Actually, he came into our room right after I put everything together and he said it looked really nice and cheery. I’ll take that as a big win! 😉
Have an inspired day!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ANNIE SELKE. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you so much to Annie Selke for sponsoring todays post! I’m in love with my new bedding!