This Apple Coffee Cake is a delicious cake for dessert, coffee dates with friends, or as a snacking cake! Delicious vanilla and apple flavours!
– – – – – –
A few years ago when my babies were teeny tiny, I used to get together with friends so us moms could visit each other with our babies. Those days were some of my favourite times…I miss them. Sigh. One of the things we always used to do when we got together was bake something when it was our time to host. Then we’d eat it all over copius cups of coffee…so good! We had a lot of delicious baking during those days, but there was one recipe in particular that I loved, and it was this Apple Coffee Cake that an old friend made. I loved it then, and now it’s a family favourite….
For Thanksgiving this year I decided to make this Apple Coffee Cake and take it home to my parents. So on the day we planned to travel, I made this cake and the first one I made I measured the butter wrong. Seriously, how many times have I baked a cake?! But I accidentally got distracted, as I sometimes do, and I doubled the butter. So the cake came out a gooey buttery mess, and I had to throw it out. Throwing food out pains me. Pains me. But there was no salvaging it. So luckily, I had time left to bake another cake before we had to go, and this one turned out beautifully. I snapped some pictures so I could update this post, and we set out to my parents for Thanksgiving.
We stopped halfway through our drive to grab some dinner, and guess what I did? I left the cake in the truck with our pup Molly. Yes, yes I did. I left a fresh, tasty and delicious apple cake in the truck with a dog. But in fairness…I don’t often travel with cakes so I wasn’t thinking straight? I’ll go with that.
You can guess what happened.
Yep. She ate 3/4 of my lovingly made Apple Bundt Cake. Insert annoyed emoji here. This cake was just not meant to be I guess.
But we’ll just remember that it looked like this mmmkay? Anyway, you should make it. It’s a really delicious cake I promise.
A delicious Bundt cake recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your Bundt pan. You can either flour and butter your pan, or use a flour spray (this is my preferred method). Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. Let the mixture sit while you combine the rest of the ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the milk. Repeat until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Place large spoonfuls of the cake batter around the bottom of the pan, followed with the apple mixture, and repeat until finished.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and sprinkle with sugar.
More Delicious Bundt Cake Recipes:
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Peach Bundt Cake
- Lavender Honey Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
- Earl Grey Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Have a delicious day!
This post was originally published in Jan 2011, but I recently updated the post with new pictures!