Brown Sugar Shortbread
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped red & green glace cherries
Cream the butter and brown sugar until it is very soft.
Then add the flour, 1 cup at a time, and beat well each time.
Chop the cherries in to small pieces, and add them to the batter. Mix well.
You will find the dough quite dry, but don't worry it's supposed to be like that. Just mix the dough with your hands until if firms up into a ball.
Once the dough is firm, roll it in wax paper to make a log 2" in diameter. Wrap tightly. You may even want to split the dough into 2 logs. One batch to bake now, and one to bake later!
Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the log into 1/4" slices, and bake for ~10 minutes.
(adapted from the Best of Bridge)
- If you don’t like glace cherries, you can omit them, or add chopped up cranberries instead.
- You can bake these as you need them. Just pull a log out of the fridge when you are ready, and make a tray for today. Make a tray tomorrow.
- I actually like this cookie better the next day, after it has rested.
- These are really yummy with at little Bailey’s on ice. Yeeum.
– – –