Stock your pantry with simple and practical items to make dinner planning easier than ever!
– – – – – –
This January I’ve taken it upon myself to get my kitchen in order, organized and well stocked…there’s something about this time of year that makes me want to get things organized. So far I’ve shared how I stock my pantry with baking supplies, and today I’m sharing how I keep my kitchen stocked with staples for making dinner!
To make dinner planning easy and stress free, it’s important to keep a well stocked pantry. It’s so frustrating to be looking for ingredients for a healthy dinner at 4:00pm, only to find that you are out of something. So I try really hard to make sure that we’re well stocked each week! Over time I have developed a list of ingredients that I always try to keep on hand. So, here is a list of my pantry must-haves!
Building A Dinner Pantry
- Stock/Broth: Chicken, Beef, Vegetable or Homemade
- Canned Tomatoes: Whole, Diced and Pureed
- Beans: Brown Beans, Chick Peas, Kidney Beans, Black Beans
- Tomato Sauce (plain)
- Tomato Paste
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- Pasta: Spaghetti, Elbow Noodles, Spiral Noodles, Lasagna, Orzo
- Rice Noodles
- Rice: Jasmin, Brown Rice, Long Grain Rice
- Coconut Milk
- Black Olives
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Spices (Dried):
- Wine (I like to use it in sauces and stews)
- Canned Corn: Cream Corn, Niblets
- Starch for thickening sauces: Rice, Corn or Potato
- Vinegars: Rice, Apple Cider, White Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Red Curry Paste
Building A Dinner Pantry: In the fridge
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Soy Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
Building A Dinner Pantry: In the freezer
- Frozen Vegetables: Corn, Peas, Beans
- Frozen Meat: Ground Beef, Chicken, Pork Chops, Roasts (Beef & Pork)
Now that the pantry is full and ready for dinner, you can get cooking! Here is the link to my dinner recipes if you need some dinner inspiration! Enjoy!
– – – – –
In case you missed my post on stocking a baking pantry, just click on the image below to see it!
Have a delicious day!
P.S. If I missed anything, please let me know in the comments below! 🙂