This Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that can be on your table in under 1 hour!
– – – – – –
This week has been a trying week…on so many levels it has tested me. Parenting is challenging, work is busy, everything in my house seems to be breaking down, sometimes it can feel like too much. Thank goodness though, for a fresh start and a new day every day. Thank goodness too for my kitchen, and that we are able to have a fully stocked fridge and pantry, for that I am so very grateful, because the kitchen helps me release my stress. I’ve always moved to the kitchen during trying times. The act of cooking and creating soothes my mind.
I also really enjoy putting comforting meals on the table for my family. I know things can be stressful for them too…school, friends, work, and I feel like a warm healthy meal together at the end of a busy day is good for everyone. It’s where we connect, talk about our day, and come together to remember what’s important.
Not all of our meal times are fancy and stress free. I just try my best. Some days it’s eggs and toast. Some days it’s pizza. And some days it’s a pasta dish or some type of home cooked meal. The important thing is that at the end of the day, we are together.
During this particular busy and stressful week, I did some baking, tried to clean my house (when I have a clean house I feel more calm too), spent time with the kids and Netflixed. I also tried a few new dinner recipes, and one was tasty enough to share with you.
I like this dish because we all love pasta, but it’s great because the sauce is creamy and delicious. And the whole thing takes less than one hour to make. This means that I can start dinner around 4:30, and we can be eating by 5:30 which is so great. Quick and healthy dinners are a life saver around here!
Really simple ingredients make up this dish: chicken, spaghetti noodles, stock, cream, spices and sun dried tomatoes. Classic delicious flavours. I hope you enjoy it.
- 4 inch boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 chunks)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
Onions & Mushrooms Mixture:
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (from a jar)
- spaghetti noodles
- green onion
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil and butter.
- Add the cut up chicken, and season it with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through, and no longer pink.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and mushrooms. If there is not enough oil left from cooking the chicken, add about 1 tbsp more.
- Cook until the onions are tender and the moisture is cooked off from the mushrooms.
- Once this is done, stir in the 2 tbsp of flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, dried basil and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add the cooked chicken.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.
- Garnish with green onion (optional).
Thank you for being here. Have a delicious day!