I love me a good crockpot recipe! There is just something so amazing about having dinner come together with barely having to lift a finger! This recipe is one that I came up with when the Chicken Farmers of Canada challenged us ambassadors to use chicken, ginger ale, quinoa and mango. For some reason, the first thing that came to mind was this crockpot recipe…and it turned out amazing! SO delicious!
After cooking in the crockpot, the chicken comes out tender and sweet, making it perfectly delicious served over steamed quinoa and topped off with a fresh mango salsa. This dish tastes fresh and so flavourful! And I love that the meat is made in the crockpot…easiest dinner ever.Print
Crockpot Mango Chicken:
- 10 – 12 boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 cup gingerale
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
Fresh Mango Salsa:
- 2 fresh mangoes (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 3 tbsp mango juice
- To a crockpot, add the chicken thighs, ginger ale, mango juice, onion, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Cook on high for 8 – 10 hours.
- For the salsa, combine all the fresh ingredients and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour so the flavours have time to meld.
- About 20 minutes before the chicken is cooked, prepare your quinoa according to the package directions.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the crockpot with a slotted spoon, and shred it using 2 forks.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked quinoa and top with fresh salsa.
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.