This Easy Italian Sandwich is loaded with Italian meats and cheese, vegetable spread and fresh basil. It’s SO delicious! You should make it.
– – – – – –
Recently I attended the opening of a new market in town called the Italian Centre Shop. And ever since then I’ve craved all kinds of Italian foods. But can you blame me? At the opening there was SO. much. food. So much delicious Italian food. Everything from deli meats and cheeses, to desserts and cakes, to creamy espressos, to fresh figs to delicious Italian sandwiches. I could have stuffed my face all night long. True story.
But OH the sandwiches they served, I just can’t stop thinking about them. So before I left I made sure to ask what I needed to buy to take home and make my own! So I loaded up on Capicola meat, Mortadella sausage, Genoa salami, Provolone cheese, vegetable spread and fresh basil…all squished between a loaf of french bread. Sandwich heaven.
I loved the vegetable spread so much I *may* have used a teensy bit too much. Ah no, the more the better…it’s so good. My mouth is watering just typing this!
But I mean, just look at this sandwich. It’s perfection! It’s great served up for lunch and it also travels well, so you could take it along on a picnic too! Or make a couple loaves and you can feed a crowd! Enjoy!Print
- 1 large loaf of bread like French bread
- 200 g thinly sliced Capicollo meat (Capicola)
- 200 g thinly sliced Genoa Salami
- 200 g thinly sliced Mortadella sausage
- 200 g sliced Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable spread (like Dalla Terra Ajvar Mild)
- Olive oil
- leaves fresh basil
- Cut the loaf of bread down the middle lengthwise.
- Brush one side of the loaf with olive oil.
- Spread the vegetable spread on the other side of the loaf. If 1/4 of a cup isn’t enough for your liking, add more!
- Layer the meat and cheese on to the bread.
- Add fresh basil.
- Cut into 1 – 2 inch pieces and enjoy!