These recipes for Greek Chicken Marinade & Greek Salad make a simple and delicious dinner idea! Serve with warm bread and Tzatziki sauce!
– – – – – – –
Happy summer day friends! The sun is shining, and all is good in the world today! I wanted to share this scrumptious and EASY meal with you! It’s so summery and is such a crowd pleaser: Greek Chicken Marinade & Greek Salad!
A couple of weekends ago, my family got together to celebrate my Dad’s 60th birthday. It was such a great weekend, that we all enjoyed SO much! There’s nothing quite like getting together with family and great friends!
One of the nights we were there, my sister and I collaborated on a dinner. Our family size has grown over the years, so meals are getting bigger, which means more planning is involved. But I really like doing this! I love to cook, and so does she, so we really enjoy this part of our weekend!
For this particular dinner, we wanted something delicious, but it also had to be easy. Everything is so much more fun when things are kept simple. So we opted for a Greek theme…everyone loves Greek Salad and chicken, so this dinner was perfect!
Greek Chicken Marinade
This meal is simple to make. It’s quick. And so flavourful!
The chicken is SO moist and pairs beautifully with the crispness of the salad…mmmmm
Greek Chicken MarinadeGreek Salad
Greek Chicken Marinade:
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 green pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine all of the above ingredients, and pour over the chicken.
Marinade, in the fridge, for at least 1 hour, but overnight is best!
BBQ on a medium to high heat grill.
Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Set aside.
In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except for the feta cheese.
Pour the salad dressing over the salad, and mix.
Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
Recipe NotesPlease NOTE: Because the chicken is marinated in olive oil, it will flare up on the BBQ! Just flip the chicken until the flaring dies down. Keep a water bottle nearby!
Recipe adapted from the Best of Bridge
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Serve with garlic toast, and Tzatziki sauce for dipping! Yummmm