Potatoes. So underrated. Unappreciated. Treated the same way all the time. Boiled, mashed, baked. But they’re so versatile and can be made delicious in so many ways!
Like loaded for example. Crispy, crunchy, cheesy and loaded like a baked potato. A party in your mouth!
This is such a great way to serve potatoes. They’re crunchy like french fries, but with the loaded goodness of a baked potato. Um, how can you go wrong with that combo?
You just can’t. Trust me. These bites don’t last long. They’re really that good! Plus, I love that they are great as a side dish to your dinner, or you can serve them on their own as an appetizer!Print
- 3 – 4 potatoes (basically 1 potato per person (I find red potatoes work the best))
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or marble work great)
- sour cream
- 3 green onions (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet: line it with a piece of tin foil, then generously butter the foil with about 1 tbsp of cold butter. (Trust me, you need to butter it…that way the potatoes won’t stick and will come off easily.)
- Leave your potatoes unpeeled, then slice them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Lay them out on your baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining butter (about 2 tbsp), then generously brush the top of each potato slice with the butter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the bottom of the crisp is golden brown. See notes.
- Then flip them over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After this time, remove the pan from the oven, then evenly sprinkle the grated cheese on to the tops of each potato crisp.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for about 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Now it’s time to serve them!
- Add a dollop of sour cream and some green onions! Delish!
- When baking the potato crisps, you will need to watch them…it may take more time for them to become golden brown. We like ours quite golden brown and crunchy, so I let ours go for about 45 minutes.
- You can add crumbled bacon to the finished crisps too! Yum!
We’ve had these 4 times in the last 3 weeks, they’re just so good, and my kids love them!
I do hope you try them out, if you love potatoes I think you will really really really really like these! 😉
Have a delicious day!