These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies, also known as Chippers, are a delicious and adorable treat! This is my MOST FAVOURITE chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
– – – – – –
There’s something about January that makes me want to clean everything and bake cookies. Weirdest thing, but it’s true. January’s were made for cookies. So cookies I will make.
Over the years I have made many chocolate chip cookie recipes, but I just never found THE chocolate chip cookie recipe. Nothing was soft enough, or just the right combo of crispy and chewy, or with enough flavour. Until now. I think this is my most favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time. Yes.
And it’s not just the size of them that I love. But really, who can’t love a mini chocolate chip cookie? They’re just all delicious and ridiculously cute…pretty much irresistible. The problem with these cookies is that because they’re SO good, having just one will not do.
It’s the flavour and texture of these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies that makes them the best. They are soft, sweet, chewy, crunchy and chocolaty all at the same time. I looooooooove them.
The biggest tip I have about making these mini cookies, is to use only 1 tsp of batter for each cookie. I know it seems ridiculously small, but any more and these won’t turn out as mini cookies. Trust me on this one.
The small size of these cookies makes them perfect for snacks and school lunches. As well, the huge batch size of this recipe makes them great for bake sales. And if you’re not into mini cookies, you can use this recipe to make regular sized cookies too.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs to the butter mix, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the butter mix, and combine.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- To make mini chocolate chip cookies, roll 1 tsp of dough for each cookie, and place them on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or more if needed.
If you prefer to make regular size chocolate chip cookies this recipe will work just great! It will make approximately 2 dozen medium sized cookies.
I hope you try this recipe and love these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as we do!
Have a delicious day!