Hi friends! Thank you for stopping by today!
I’m making popsicles here and we’re under a heavy rainfall warning with parts of our city and surrounding areas being evacuated due to flooding. Thankfully we’re in an area that is safe from flooding, and I’m so grateful for that. It’s been a weeeeeird summer so far. Crazy rain, SO many thunderstorms and even a couple tornado warnings thrown in. What on Earth is going on?!
So why am I making popsicles then? I’m not sure really. I guess because I’m stuck at home and I’m pretending it’s summer?
This is a fun recipe to add to your summer make lists…
The popsicles are creamy, banana-y and peanutbutter-y all at the same time (they’re actually more like creamsicles than popsicles). SO good.
Just a nice refreshing treat if we were ever to need some refreshing in this part of the world what with all the rain. But I’m not complaining. 😉Print
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or white sugar)
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Once the coconut milk mixture has cooled to at least room temperature, add the milk, bananas and peanut butter to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze. Note: if you are using wooden sticks, freeze the mixture until it is slushy, then insert the sticks and freeze until solid.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
I hope you are all safe and dry wherever in the world you are today. xoxo