Oh breakfast how do I love thee? I go to bed at night looking forward to breakfast. Breakfast and coffee. Seriously, I do! Especially breakfasts on weekends because they mean pancakes and bacon that I don’t have to make. That’s right, my husband looks after all of our weekend breakfasts and I love that so much! We eat a lot of buttermilk pancakes and love peanut butter pancakes, zucchini pancakes and a real fave, quinoa pancakes. And now because it’s fall, we make (or let’s be honest here, my husband makes) pumpkin french toast, and pumpkin pie pancakes. We’re spoiled. 😉
But seriously, these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. Just say that out loud. Pumpkin Pie Pancakes.
These pancakes are soft and doughy and perfectly pumpkiny and spicy! Enjoy them with butter and syrup or even whipped cream and you’ve got breakfast heaven on a plate.Print
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the milk/pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- On a medium/high heat grill, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, and cook for for a few minute on each side.
- Serve with syrup and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
These pancakes would be fantastic for Thanksgiving brunch! Serve them up with bacon or sausages and fresh fruit.
– – – –
I’ve got a lot of deliciousness coming your way over the next few weeks, so make sure to get your eating pants on…you know the ones…the stretchy waistband kind are a necessity this time of year! Hee hee