Happy Friday friends!
I have to say I’m pretty relieved it’s the weekend. This week has been a crazy busy, running-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off kind of week. After Thanksgiving we jumped right back into life, and the week seemed to go by at warp speed! And today I’m off to a food blogger conference in Vancouver and I have to admit I’m really really nervous. Conferences are hard yo. Fun, but very nerve wracking. I always feel like I’m the uncool kid walking into a room of best friends, and it’s intimidating. I do realize this is all in my head. But a food conference is a whole extra level of nerve wracking because I don’t actually feel like a food blogger. Crazy but true. I don’t know if I’ll ever feel like an actual foodie compared to some of the food bloggers I follow. But I’m going and I will enjoy it and soak it all up. Wish me luck!
Anyway, back to soup. This has been a soup packed week over here, and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have! In case you missed the other soups from this week, I made a Cheddar & Ale Chicken Chowder, Turkey Meatball Noodle Soup and Tortellini Vegetable Soup. All simple and delicious fall soups!
But wait! I’m not done…I’ve got one more for you! For todays soup I bring you this nice, comforting Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup. It’s like a warm hug. And I could use one today. 😉
This is actually the first soup I made last week and it was the one that inspired me to do this soup week. I made it on a cold and blistery day and it felt nice and had me craving more comfort soups. Even though I’m kind of dreading winter, there is a part of me that likes the idea of its arrival. Now, I’m really talkin’ crazy talk. But it’s true. I’m going into this winter with an open mind and an arsenal of soups! 😉Print
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced (or less if you like))
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 – 1 tsp oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- splash white wine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- sour cream for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, toss with olive oil and a bit of salt & pepper.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the baking sheet, spreading them evenly over the sheet and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- In the meant time, in a large soup pot, cook the onions and garlic in the 2 tbsp of butter, until soft.
- When the tomatoes are done roasting, stir in the tomatoes and spices and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, broth, milk, wine and brown sugar.
- Simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender puree the soup, then simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
– – –
Serve this Roasted Tomato & Pumpkin Soup with a dollop of sour cream, a loaf of warm crusty bread and a glass of white wine and you’ve got dinner heaven!
I hope you enjoyed my soup week!