Turn a favourite drink into popsicles! These Shirley Temple Popsicles are delicious and easy to make!
I don’t know about you, but for me, popsicles are the ultimate fun summer treat! And I love them even more now that we make them at home. Only because there are SO many fun recipes to try, and so many great popsicle molds to use! The kids are all over this fun experiment!
As a kid, one of my most favourite drinks was a Shirley Temple. I remember being at our cabin, and my Grandma making these fun drinks for all us grandkids. I always felt so grown up sipping one! Such great memories!
So recently I had a hankering for a Shirley Temple, and thought my kids would love to try one! Then I thought, they would make an amazing popsicle! And indeed they do! These were an all around hit for adults and kids alike!
Perfect for summer. Refreshing. Flavourful. Delish!
This recipe makes 1 drink. If you double the recipe it will make 6 popsicles.
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda (I used 7-Up)
- 2 tbsp Grenadine
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- cherry for garnish (fresh or Maraschino)
For the Shirley Temple Drink:
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add the soda, Grenadine, and the Orange Juice. Stir.
- Garnish with a cherry, either a fresh cherry or a Maraschino cherry.
For the Shirley Temple Popsicles:
- For the popsicles, I doubled the recipe and filled my 6 popsicle moulds.
- I pitted, then chopped up about 10 fresh cherries and distributed them evenly between the popsicle moulds. They give the popsicles a nice texture! I might even add more next time.
Recipe from Canadian Living
Mix one up, and sip it in the sunshine! Summer perfection!
Or pour them into a popsicle mould, and you have a fun summer treat! Now we can mark an activity off our Summer Fun List!
Have a delicious day!