– – – – – –
Mmmmm Cream Puffs!
I have an idea that involves these little treats, and I can’t wait to share it with you! But first, I’ll share the basic recipe… and stay tuned for a fun and scrumptious little twist to the cream puff!
– – – – – – – – – –
Now, don’t be afraid to make these…I have always wanted to make cream puffs, but was afraid to. Why? I’m not sure. They are surprisingly so easy! And I know this seems kind of weird to say, but they are actually cream puffs. Like the ones you buy in stores. A real cream puff.
Look at that! A real cream puff. That I made from scratch! Amazing! 😉
Don’t be afraid to make Cream Puffs! These little treats are so easy to make and taste as good, if not better than store bought ones.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- After they have cooled completely you can put the filling of your choice.
- For these I just forced a tip and piped in whipped cream. Then I froze ours because we love the cream puffs at Costco that you eat slightly frozen.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
Drop the dough on to a cookie sheet 1 of 2 ways:
- You can drop with a spoon OR put the dough into a ziplock bag, snip the corner off, and pipe the dough on to the cookie sheet. This is the method I chose!
- Use a heaping tbsp for each puff. (See picture below.) Make sure they are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. Start checking them around 20 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes.
There are so many possibilities for delicious fillings! Vanilla Cream, Custard, Coconut Cream, Lemon Cream, Chocolate Cream, Strawberry Cream. So many possibilities!
When I piped these on to the cookie sheet, honestly, I just couldn’t imagine that they were going to come out looking like anything resembling a cream puff. But to my surprise they did!
I love that this is such an easy recipe to make, and I will absolutely be making them again. The best part is that I know what ingredients are in them (no chemicals or additives like store bought), and they taste SO good! You should try them! Don’t be scared! They are simple & so goooood!
– – –
Oh, and if you loved this recipe…you might also enjoy these S’more Cream Puffs! Find the recipe here.