Hello! I hope things are going well with you all…right now my kids are on spring break and we’re enjoying keeping things fairly quiet and simple around here. Sorting through old clothes, doing a little spring wardrobe shopping, watching movies and enjoying some fun treats! All the things that make for a fun break for the kids. I enjoy this time home with them, it’s hard some moments trust me, but overall I love having them home…one day they won’t want to be around much. Sniff.
So to kick off our break, I made these s’mores squares for dessert, and because I can’t help myself as a die hard social media addict, I posted a picture of them on Instagram. Crazy I know, but like I said, I can’t help it. 😉 Well, the response to them made me think I should post the recipe. I just used the same recipe that I use to make rice krispie squares…so simple that I never thought much about sharing them with you until now, but simple and sweet is the best isn’t it?
So here we are…S’more Squares. A scrumptious little square of summer fun…without the campfire.
Loaded with graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate flavours. So good.Print
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 – 10 oz package of marshmallows (about 40–45 large marshmallows)
- 6 cups of golden graham cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl measure out 6 cups of golden graham cereal. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallows until they are melted down.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal, and stir until coated.
- Let it cool down a couple of minutes (about 2 – 3), then stir in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. (If you put them in too soon they will melt all over the place.)
- Press into an 8×8 dish and let cool completely before cutting and serving (if you can last that long!)
– – – – – – – – – – – –
I’m willing to bet your squares won’t last more than 2 days…they’re irresistible.