Make this Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese in less than 1 hour! A perfectly delicious weeknight (or any night) dinner!
– – – – – – –
I thought it was about time that I share a home made macaroni and cheese recipe! I’ve been blogging for over 4 years and haven’t shared a good old fashioned pot of macaroni and cheese! I’ve made a tomato mac & cheese and a broccoli mac & cheese, but not a creamy cheesy mac & cheese recipe.
Making your own pot of macaroni and cheese at home is so worth it. It’s a simple dish to make, but the best part about it is that you get to control the creaminess and cheesiness of it! For this recipe I used 3 different cheeses: old cheddar cheese, cream cheese and goat cheese, and the combination of the three is delicious!
But the great thing about a recipe like this is that you can tailor it to your tastebuds. If you like parmesan cheese, add it. If you like another kind of cheese, add that. The more cheeeeeeese the better. You can even add some extra shredded cheese to the top and bake the dish until it’s all nice and melty.
I mean just look at it. One pot. Creamy, comforting, scrumptious.Print
- 1/2 lb uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 flour
- 1/2 – 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (more if you wish!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- While you are making the cheese sauce, you can prepare the noodles. Just follow the instructions on the noodle package.
- In a heavy saucepan over low/medium heat, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and dry mustard powder and cook for about 3 minutes, whisking the entire time.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cream, until the butter/flour mixture has blended in well.
- Whisk until the milk mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in the cream cheese and goat cheese until melted.
- Then stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked noodles with the cheese sauce.
- Serve with a green salad and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
Serve this mac & cheese with a side salad like this green salad with a creamy avocado vinaigrette, and you have a complete dinner!